The Most Delicious Gravy
At Brodo we take our gravy very seriously. Thanksgiving Dinner is really only as good as the gravy, right? This is a simple recipe with 6 main ingredients. Making the most delicious gravy is easy when you have Brodo Hearth Broth.
Hearth Broth, is our signature blend of chicken, turkey, and beef and it’s the best ingredient to take your gravy to the next level. It makes for an extra flavorful, hearty gravy that will wow any Thanksgiving Dinner guest. It’s so delicious you might find yourself making this post-Thanksgiving.
- 3 tbsp grass-fed ghee (or the fat from your roasted turkey)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 quart Hearth broth
- 1 small clove of garlic
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a 2 quart pot melt your fat and add rosemary, sage, and garlic.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes, no browning!
- Slowly whisk in flour.
- Continue whisking and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 quart of Hearth broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning, a squeeze of lemon never hurts.